Welcome to Home Start’s Mental Health Services
The Mental Health Department at Home Start provides therapy services to children, families, and adults, both in the community and at the Home Start Inc. Counseling Center. Most services are FREE to clients.
Service programs include:
- Child Abuse Treatment (CHAT)
- Free home based, school based or office based Trauma Focused individual therapy for children under the age of 18 who have been the victims of some types of abuse, bullying, community violence or parental substance abuse.
- Health Development Services (HDS)
- Free office-based behavioral services in East and Central regions. Serving children ages 0-6, or who are not yet in Kindergarten (they can be in Transitional Kindergarten).
- Adult Survivors of Childhood Abuse (ASCA) Groups
For more information about Mental Health Services, contact:
Bonnie Sabb, Team Leader
If you are seeking services or more information about services provided, please call our intake line at 619-692-0727 ext. 118 and leave your information. One of our staff will return your call and determine which of our programs best meets your needs.